Sunday, August 5, 2012

Aaliyah ft. Drake - Enough Said (prod. by 40)


Okay... So many things going through my mind. First of all, I'm thrilled at the idea of another Aaliyah album. I think she was truly one of the most talented artists to have ever performed, and it was an enormous tragedy that she was taken so young. And in all honesty, I feel like the idea of Drake possibly executive producing the album could have a lot of potential. However. This song should probably not have been the introduction to this project. It sounds like Drake. It doesn't sound like Aaliyah. Not to say that it isn't good, it's just not at all what I expected. Also, it's not great. Drake saying "Yall aint ready for this." and "yo, whats up" through out the song grows more and more annoying each time. And there is something about that snare that just makes me cringe. But only when Aaliyah is singing over it. It works for Drake. Which just goes back to this sounding more like a Drake track than an Aaliyah track. Anyways, I'm not gonna get into the lack of Tim/Missy, because I'm sure if this posthumous album does release, they'll have a hand in it somewhere. This track is cool. I just dont know if I would have used this exact song as the one to try to get people excited for this... [/rant]

DOWNLOAD: Aaliyah ft. Drake - Enough Said

No comments:

Post a Comment