Sunday, April 17, 2011

Throwback Of The Day: Bone Thugs-N-Harmony

As a child, I was quite literally one of the BIGGEST fans of the 4 (sometimes 5) man crew from Cleveland known as Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. It all started with "Foe Tha Love Of $." It was the first Bone Thugs song I'd ever heard, but at the time, all I knew was that it was some song by some guys with Eazy E on it... And I loved it. It wasnt until "Thuggish Ruggish Bone" when I really figured out who Bone Thugs were. From there, I couldnt stop listening to their music. I'd tune into my local radio station every night at 8pm, for the "Top 8 At 8" just because I knew "1st Of Tha Month" was always on the list. I borrowed the cassette single for "Tha Crossroads" from a friend in elementary school, and dubbed it on my famous karaoke machine. I taped the episode of New York Undercover because Bone performed at the end. I acted out skits from the albums on the playground at school, and was even sent to the office for singing their songs when I was supposed to be working on a "famous person report" in 4th grade.

Now, As we all know, Bone has had its highs and lows. It's had 5 members, it's had 3 members. But the reason I chose to bring you a Bone Thugs song as today's Throwback of the Day, is because I've heard some terrible news today. After 20 years of music, and just after reuniting the whole crew after Flesh got out of prison, Bone Thugs is done. Krayzie Bone has left the group. Now, I dont know if that means they are going to try to continue the group without him or not. But I dont know if the rest of the Thugs can exist as a group without their ring-leader.



With that out of the way, and the tears all shed... I'd like to bring back one of my favorite Bone Thugs songs of all time. From the album E. 1999 Eternal, here is the oft overlooked gem, "Mo' Murda."

DOWNLOAD: Bone Thugs-N-Hamony - Mo' Murda

No comments:

Post a Comment