Friday, April 29, 2011

Throwback Of The Day: Ice T Edition


Today's Throwback comes from the former "copkiller," and current "cop." Im pretty sure I knew who Ice T was before I ever heard his music. That sentence doesnt sound like it makes sense, but I promise, it does. I vaguely remember seeing Ice T on TV, and just kinda knowing him as "a rapper" for quite some time, before I ever had the opportunity to hear his music. I also know that when I heard the song, "I Must Stand," it had already been out for a few years. But it was the first time I was able to put the face of that random rapper guy from MTV to an actual song. I dont know what album this song is from, and I dont remember what year it came out. All I remember is that when I was a freshman (or something) in high school (2000ish?), I downloaded a napster-like program (grokster?) on my dads computer, and downloaded a TON of music. And then uninstalled the program before he got home from work. This was one of those songs.

DOWNLOAD: Ice T - I Must Stand.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment