Friday, April 15, 2011

Throwback Joint Of The Day: Dana Dane Edition


Gather 'round children, it's time for another throwback joint of the day! Yay! Now, I'm not entirely sure that this song was the one that put me on to Dana Dane. Because I cant be positive I hadn't heard Nightmares before... But this was the first song of his that I heard, that I was like "Who's this? Dana Dane?" And actually looked into it. The song is "Record Jock," and was released as a single in late 1994, for Dana's album Rollin' Wit Dana Dane. When I heard it, I was hooked. It wasnt hugely popular, but there was something about it that resonated with me. Now, I know a lot of people immediately think of Nightmares when they think of Dana Dane, and I do too. But Nightmares was released in 1987... I was 1... This song, I remember hearing when it was actually a current hit. So it ranks slightly higher on my "Important Dana Dane Songs" list... Here is Dana Dane, with "Record Jock."

DOWNLOAD: Dana Dane - Record Jock.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment