Thursday, May 10, 2012

Steady Bloggin’ Presents: Space Age Soul



The homie Driz from Steady Bloggin' went ahead and put together a pretty awesome mix of some new aged soul/funk/jazz heat. Be sure to check it out.

My concept for this compilation was very loose – modern music bearing influences of classic soul, funk or jazz; combined with tangible or intangible touches space-age futurism. The only significant restrictive caveats were ‘no rap’ and ‘nothing made more than 10 years ago’. Which gave me a wide range to play with, and so I ended up with a rather varied assortment spread from psychedelic soul to minimalist dub experiments to jazz space operas to bouncy midtempo synth-funk. I did my best to mold it all into some sort of cohesion, and it worked. Kinda.

Some of these songs have been posted here before. Most are fairly obscure, which was a purposeful choice; a few more known exceptions were too good to pass up. I annotated the track list with some notes in case anyone is interested, you can find that below the jump. The whole thing can be streamed via the Bandcamp widget. Enjoy.

TRACKLIST:
1. Wilder Zoby – Contagious
2. Levek – Look On The Bright Side
3. Fiber – Dust
4. BADBADNOTGOOD – Flashing Lights
5. Ari Roze – Rolling With The Dub
6. Mara TK – Run (away from the valley of fear)
7. Sonny Coates x Shafiq Husayn – mjrhe∆vy !!!!!!!!!!!!_! (*)
8. Thundercat – For Love I Come
9. Nite Funk (Dam-Funk & Nite Jewel) – Am I Gonna Make It





Alt Link: Sharebeast

No comments:

Post a Comment