Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sample Wars: The ILLZ vs. Marky


When I came across a new remix from The ILLZ, I was already excited for it. And as soon as I started in, I realized that I'd heard this sample before. So, instead of just posting the new joint for your consumption, I figured I'd put it up head to head vs. the Marky single from his Rest Stop mixtape series released last year. The ILLZ new tape, ILLZSENTIAL: The Essential ILLZ Collection, drops on July 6th. NOW, Hit the comment section to let us know who you think did the sample more justice...

In this corner... The ILLZ... "The Pursuit (ILL Tal Remix)"
DOWNLOAD: The ILLZ - The Pursuit (ILL Tal Remix).mp3


And in the other corner... Marky... "Louis Squares"
DOWNLOAD: Marky - Louis Squares.mp3


1 comment:

  1. Nas - "Take it in Blood" (way before these)
    Fantastic Four - "Mixed up Moods and Attitudes" (original)

    ReplyDelete