Thursday, May 12, 2011

Milk Crate's Top 10 Albums: Monkzilla #7


#7 Busta Rhyme - Extinction Level Event

For once i can't blame my lazyness and somewhat busy schedule for me not posting up my number 7. Blogger wanted to be a hater and shut down on me while i was posting up.

I chose this album because for me it was probably the height of busta's career when he was on his streak. After this album it all went crashing down like the buildings in his cover. Not alot of albums these days you can listen to from beginning to end and this was one of those albums that carried a momentum of adrenaline like no other.

From the moment you press play at the beginning he pays homage to all the heavy hitting states and shouts them out with glory as Nottz laces a hype yet soothing beat that blends well with Bustas energy. Nottz clashes another ILL beat on "Where We Are About To Take It", you cant help but bop your head up and down much like the rest of the tracks on here with production by swizz beatz and others. The theme on the cover is anarchy,destruction,apocalypse, and distaster. While not every track may be in particular about those topics, the production and overall feel you get collides with those elements.

I was 13 when this came out so at the time when i heard the album for me it was dark in its own aspects. No other artist i heard (for the ones i did at the moment) were doing anything like this, and while he might not have been the first to do a project like this his still till this day appeals over the rest in attempts for the subject. Definetly deserved a place in my top 10, and im sure like i said in my other posting previous to this it may not be the artist best album in terms of technicality and popularity but it made my list for its originality and change of feel among the other drops coming out in its moment of time.




No comments:

Post a Comment