Sunday, May 22, 2011

Milk Crate's Top 10 Albums: That Bullet Proof Saint #3




I've said a couple times in the past month while doing these write ups that I was a avid No Limit Records heads. I'll stand behind my love for a good deal of the albums that came out between 96-98. To me they had a about 15 albums in that span that are solidified classic joints. It would be hard press to find another non major that can make that claim. I remember for a good year and a half they'd put out a quality album EVERY WEEK. A huge feat, but I think when it was all said and done, that was also a huge part of their downfall. That along with a huge falling out with their distribution deal and of course multiple soldiers dying, convicted of crazy crimes, and just jumping ship. My #3 pick was only half on No Limit. He ran with C Loc and the Concentration Camp. They decided to link up with Master P in Jan of 1998 and put out a Co produced album....


#3 Young Bleed - My Balls & My Word




This album has not only stood the test of time for me and stayed with me throughout the 'phases' and styles that I've preferred. I feel it's gotten better over time...which says a lot because I loved it from the day it came out. The bluesy southern soundscapes paved the way from production like Dj Burn One, K.R.I.T., and Banner just as much as the Dungeon Fam did. The bulk of the production was handled jointly by underrated producer Happy Perez & The Beats Pound stable. The Continuity of each beat painted a PERFECT backdrop for Bleed's laid back delivery. This album won't blow you away lyrically....but it is a prime example of an artist coming together with his producers and making each song with the entire album in mind for the grand scheme of things. Every song is a great song from top to bottom. Music never overpowers the emcee....and the emcee's never over power the production. They compliment each other perfectly, More-so than any other album I've heard. And I'll stand by that statement in any circumstance.


Favorite Songs










Download Album

Previous: 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

No comments:

Post a Comment