Saturday, May 7, 2011

Milk Crate's Top 10 Albums: That Bullet Proof Saint #8



I remember the day this came out. I was a freshman in high school. I remember me and a group of friends went downtown at lunch break and all of us picked this album up. We drove around blasting this on a shitty sound system in a shitty car, smoking low grade weed. We never made it back to school that day. I'm not sure how it was for most other SO CAL 80's babies growing up, but the circle I ran with were all about anything WU. Which leads to my # 8 All Time Favorite Album....and probably top 3 Covers.....but thats another story.

#8 Rza - Bobby Digital in Stereo



Rugged Penmanship, Dirty Drums, Dusty Grooves, Strung out Synths, Psychedelic Keys & a KICK ASS cover designed by Bill Sienkiewiczs of Marvel Comics fame. What more can you ask for? I never understood the naysayers critiques on this album. Damn near 14 years later & it's still in constant rotation. From the laid back vibes on Love Jones to the absolute destruction spat on Holocaust (Silkworm). This album was a melting pot of styles. I pretty difficult task to pull off, it usually takes away from the cohesiveness of an album. But with RZA doing the production made that feat possible. Is this album my fav Wu album? No. But it's definitely had one of the biggest impacts on me.

Favorite Songs:





No comments:

Post a Comment