Sunday, May 1, 2011

Milk Crate's Top 10 Albums: That Bullet Proof Saint #10



By That Bullet Proof Saint

Since this is The Milk Crates first entry, I'd just like to point out that; Kannon, Monk, & Myself are three different personalities that grew up in very different worlds and times. We may have some overlapping selections but the fun in this is that we all grew up differently and had certain albums effect us in different ways. For me, My selections are based on which albums have stuck with me over the years and held up over time...FOR ME. Because of that, I rarely put newer albums as classics, to me until they've proven they can hold up over time. But that's just me....thats the beauty of this...Kan and Monk may have a completely different criteria than me. With that Said, I give you........




10. Mission Control Presents: Prehistoric Sounds Feat MOOD



A friend of mine actually put me on to this album. We were both Rawkus fanatics. Around 2002 when Blackstar & Train of Thought were out, he stumbled upon the Ohio Crew Mood which had put out the Doom album back in 1997. Talib Kweli and DJ Hi Tek had made some of their first appearances on that Album. Fast forward to 2000, Mood came together and had formed a crew comprised of themselves; (Dante, Main Flow, and Producer Jahson), Talib Kweli, Hi Tek, and an all star cast of other Ohio emcees. This album was aptly titled Prehistoric Sounds because this was the ground work for the sound that years later Talib & Hi Tek and even Mos & Talib would popularize. I got my hands on it around 2002, when I was knee deep in the Blackstar and Train of Thought albums...yet this one still always stood on its own even amongst those Rawkus albums that had perfected the soulful bounce that this album had sparked.

Favorite Songs:






We won't be posting all albums.

Download: Prehistoric Sounds | Purchase

No comments:

Post a Comment